Why you should plead not guilty in a Tampa DUI case - whether or not you think you are guilty:
1. The traffic stop may not have been conducted properly, which is where the entire incident begins and can often lead to cases being dropped.
2. If a Defendant was not advised of their right to remain silent, anything said to the authorities may have been obtained unlawfully and should not be admissible in court.
3. Sobriety tests can be inaccurate due to poor weather conditions, uneven surface conditions, poor lighting, poor footwear on defendant or un-coordinated drivers and police intimidation.
4. Poor or misleading advice from the arresting agency or police officer could also become a factor in having certain evidence thrown out.
5. Improper maintenance or calibration of breathalyzer devices can result in evidence obtained by those devices to become inadmissible.
Anyone suffering from an accident of any type involving injury in Florida can schedule a free consultation with our team of Personal Injury Lawyers to learn more about what options are available to help keep them in their home.