Tampa Defective Car, Vehicle & Automobile Injury Lawyers
A variety of potential problems awaits every person who decides to drive or ride an a vehicle as a method of transportation. When traveling, seasoned veterans and young drivers just getting behind the wheel are faced with the task of remaining vigilent and alert when it comes to safety on the roadways and vehicle maintenance.
Dangerous driving conditions, expensive repairs, high costs of alternative transportation and broken down vehicles are just a few of the challenges faced by people trying to get around on a daily basis.
Unfortunately, additional risks are also due largely in part to defective and unsafe vehicle designs. Whether or not a vehicle was involved in an accident, these faulty designs can often become the key factor in the injury or death of a loved one.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident due to a defective vehicle, do not try to handle a claim on your own or risk using an inexperienced lawyer.
Product and vehicle recalls are common occurrences in our lives, with stories often circulating on a weekly basis in the news. And it happens more frequently than many people might think. Affecting millions of vehicles and drivers every year, defective cars are an increasing problem. Many of these aren't even noticed or talked about as they often don't even make recall status, leaving thousands of unsafe vehicles running on our roadways on a daily basis.
Our laws have minimum vehicle safety standards for manufacturing already written into them, but new technology is often problematic or doesn't always work as intended. The manufacturer often has to make a decision as to whether or not a recall will be more costly as opposed to settling a few lawsuits without media attention when faced with the consequences of an injury or death.
Liability is often placed upon the manufacturer when defective automobile designs contribute to accidents involving injury. Several types of scenarios are often present in these types of cases:
• Fuel System Failure - A post collision fuel fed fire (PCFFF) will often cause a vehicle to erupt into flames
• Rollover / Roof Crush - Support structures fail and collapse on occupants, often causing paralysis or neck injuries
• Door Failure - Occupants can be thrown from vehicles due to faulty door locking and latching systems
• Seatbelt Failure - Seatbelts can fail to recoil, fail restrain occupants in a collision or end up with too much slack.
• Airbag Failure - Failure to activate, or activation with too much force can cause serious injury or death.
• Defective Tires - Tire failure with minimal wear on treads is a strong indication of a defective tire.
• Poor side-impact protection - Design and structural integrity flaws in side-impact protection can result in injury.
Automobile collisions and mishaps account for thousands of injured, disfigured, crippled or killed Americans every year. In many cases, the manufacturers have been liable for failure to provide safe or crash worthy vehicles.
While the technology exists to build safer vehicles, economic considerations are often given priority over safety concerns. Our law firm has found several instances where important safety features have not been adequately provided, and they've been completely omitted in some cases.
If you were injured in an accident due to a defective or unsafe vehicle our attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Frank Fernandez is known for his dedication to his clients and their causes that has earned him a reputation of meeting or exceeding their expectations in many different types of personal injury cases over the years.
Mr. Fernandez has appeared on behalf of his clients in Federal and State courts throughout the State of Florida. He is proud to have developed his practice primarily through the referrals of former clients and professional colleagues.
Contact Tampa Attorney Frank Fernandez at 813-489-3222 for a FREE consultation.
Resources and Information on Personal Injury and our Personal Injury Lawyers:
- Fernandez Law Group Personal Injury Settlements and Results
- General Information about Personal Injury and Compensation
- What to do (and not to do) if you're in an accident involving Personal Injury
- How Important is a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- 5 Reasons Why You Need a Personal Injury Attorney
- Myths and Misconceptions about Personal Injury and Personal Injury Law
- Understanding Negligence and Personal Injury Law
- Proving Negligence in Tampa Personal Injury Cases
- How to prepare for your personal injury litigation and deposition questions
- What to Expect in a Personal Injury Trial
- Common types of Personal Injury Claims in Tampa
- Tips for preparing your medical malpractice claim
- Will my personal injury case be settled out of court?
- How Social Media Posts can hurt your Personal Injury case
- Victims of DUI accidents may file civil claims against establishments in some cases
- Florida Personal Injury Laws related to Auto Accidents involving injury
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases and what to expect:
Understanding the Florida Statutes and how they apply in Personal Injury situations:
Call or Text us today at 813-489-3222 for a FREE consultation and case evaluation.
Content authored by Frank Fernandez