If the negligence of another party can be proved, the injured party may be entitled to monetary compensation from that party. In the United States, this system is complex and controversial. Oftentimes, having an attorney becomes essential because cases become extremely complex, such as in medical malpractice cases.
To make a claim you must prove the person you believe is responsible for your personal injury, loss or damage:
- Owed you a duty of care and breached the duty of care they owed you.
- You suffered a loss or injury or other damage.
- Your loss, injury or the damage occurred as a result of the breach of the duty of care.
Personal Injuries must be:
(1) reasonably foreseeable
(2) there must be a relationship of proximity between the plaintiff and defendant and
(3) it must be 'fair, just and reasonable' to impose liability.
However, these act as guidelines for the courts in establishing a duty of care; much of the principle is still at the discretion of judges.
All of these things need to be shown for a successful claim. There are laws setting out the requirements for making a personal injury claim and legal advice is strongly recommended.
The Tampa personal injury lawyers at Fernandez Law Group devote a great deal of our civil practice to complex personal injury, mass torts, and medical malpractice cases.
After years of representing hundreds of clients all over the State of Florida, our firm has established a solid reputation of seeking justice for injured persons. We are committed to providing our clients with the best legal representation available.
Martindale Hubbell peers and judges have rated us as having the highest levels of legal ability and professional ethics. Our Tampa personal injury attorneys are supported by a superior staff of Legal Assistants.
If you or a loved one has a question about a potential personal injury case or if you're in need of a personal injury lawyer in Tampa, we hope that you will contact our office for a free consultation.
Frank Fernandez is known for his dedication to his clients and their causes that has earned him a reputation of meeting or exceeding their expectations in many different types of personal injury cases over the years.
Mr. Fernandez has appeared on behalf of his clients in Federal and State courts throughout the State of Florida. He is proud to have developed his practice primarily through the referrals of former clients and professional colleagues.
Contact Frank Fernandez at 813-489-3222 for a FREE consultation.
Resources and Information on Personal Injury and our Personal Injury Lawyers:
- Fernandez Law Group Personal Injury Settlements and Results
- General Information about Personal Injury and Compensation
- What to do (and not to do) if you're in an accident involving Personal Injury
- How Important is a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- 5 Reasons Why You Need a Personal Injury Attorney
- Myths and Misconceptions about Personal Injury and Personal Injury Law
- Understanding Negligence and Personal Injury Law
- Proving Negligence in Tampa Personal Injury Cases
- How to prepare for your personal injury litigation and deposition questions
- What to Expect in a Personal Injury Trial
- Common types of Personal Injury Claims in Tampa
- Tips for preparing your medical malpractice claim
- Will my personal injury case be settled out of court?
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases and what to expect:
Understanding the Florida Statutes and how they apply in Personal Injury situations:
Call us today at 813-489-3222 for a FREE consultation and case evaluation.
Content authored by Frank Fernandez