Defending Firearm and Weapons Violations, Charges and Offenses in Florida:
Without question, Florida is known for some of the most severe punishments handed down to those who have been convicted of a criminal act involving the use of a gun, firearm and other weapons.
A variety of criminal offenses result in mandatory minimum sentencing when committed with guns, firearms and weapons.
All of these charges are very serious and you should not hesitate in seeking the protection of an aggressive and experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible.
Why should I choose Fernandez Law Group if I am charged with a firearm or weapons violation?
If you someone you know is facing gun charges, the consequences can be very serious if there is a conviction. A highly skilled criminal defense lawyer can help defend you against these types of charges, but many lack specific experience with Florida gun crimes. There are also very few Florida criminal defense attorneys who are also qualified to practice in federal courts. And very few attorneys also have experience as former prosecutors.
At Fernandez Law Group, our team of gun lawyers work diligently at scrutinizing over every single last detail in your case in order to find any flaws or errors in the police procedure. These errors can lead to reduction in charges, fines, and sentencing. In some cases, we've even had cases that were completely dismissed. We will pay very close attention to your case and review it with you on a continual basis.
Frank Fernandez, founder of Fernandez Law Group, has over 18 years experience handling criminal defense involving gun, firearms and other weapons charges. Frank works these cases along with Jeff Quisenberry.
Jeff was a former prosecutor for over 20 years who once handed these same cases from the prosecution side. He has since then become a criminal defense lawyer. Together, Frank Fernandez and Jeff Quisenberry provide a very serious and effective defense team for the price of a sole practitioner.
We move quickly and efficiently, getting to the prosecutor long before the case gets to court. We work aggressively, competently, and comprehensively in order to provide you with the best possible outcome for your situation. We take pride in the many successes we've had over the years with gun, firearm and weapons violation cases. They're difficult criminal cases, and we encourage you to act fast - take advantage of our FREE consultation.
We understand how difficult it can be when faced with these types of charges.
There are many factors that can lead to someone picking up charges for gun, firearm and weapons violations. The penalties in Florida are very severe and these charges can have a devastating impact on family members.
Our team of attorneys understands the difficult situations many families face when someone is facing serious charges. We are here for you, working on your side every step of the way. We're not here to judge you or your actions. We're here to represent you and your best interests and provide you with the best possible outcome regardless of the severity of the charges.
Everyone is innocent until proven guilty in the United States, and the burden of proof lies with the prosecutor. With our representation, we can use our former prosecutorial experience to find every possible weakness in the case that we can use in your defense in order to give you the best possible advantage. We carefully review all evidence in order to find the best possible defense that will give you the highest chances for success in court.
And once the case goes to court, our trial experience has given us the insight and skills needed to carefully cross-examine law enforcement and other key witnesses to break their testimony apart. We have no problem challenging witness testimony whenever appropriate or possible.
If you've been charged with any type of gun, firearm or weapons violation, you need to act immediately in order to preserve every possible opportunity for a stronger defense. Take advantage of our FREE consultation so you can gain a better understanding of what charges you're facing and the potential consequences, and we can begin helping you right away.
What are the most serious types of gun, weapon and firearms violations in Florida?
- aggravated battery with a gun, firearm or weapon
- aggravated assault with a gun, firearm or weapon
- armed robbery with a gun, firearm or weapon
- armed burglary with a gun, firearm or weapon
- carjacking with a gun, firearm or weapon
- carrying a concealed gun, firearm or weapon without legal permit
- cases in which a convicted felon is found to be in possession of a gun or firearm
- cases in which it is alleged that there was an intent to commit murder or manslaughter
- gun trafficking or trafficking of other weapons
- illegal discharge of a gun or firearm
Violent crimes with weapons carry 10 year to 20 year to LIFE penalties in Florida.
Without question, no matter what law firm or attorney represents you, certain violent crimes committed with a gun, firearm or weapon in Florida will lead to mandatory minimums that you will not be able to avoid. Incarceration will be served in a Florida state prison and you will be segregated with other violent and dangerous offenders.
Florida courts used to have an option where a judge could use discretion in whether or not to impose a lighter sentence. However, in order to cut down on violent crime and repeat, habitual offenders, that is no longer an option. If you are convicted on charges for a violent crime involving a firearm, it will result in a mandatory minimum sentence.
10 Year Mandatory Minimum
- Possession of a gun, firearm or weapon in the commission of a crime (even if the weapon was not discharged)
10 Year Mandatory Minimum
- Discharge of a gun, firearm or weapon during the commission of a crime
Life in Prison
- When the discharge of a gun, firearm or weapon during the commission of any crime causes injury to a victim, a mandatory life sentence will be imposed.
As your attorneys, our goal is to provide you with experienced and aggressive representation in order to help get you the best possible outcome when faced with any charges. And if you're dealing with any type of gun, firearm or weapons violation including burglary, robbery, kidnapping, carjacking or other violent crime, you need to contact a criminal defense lawyer with experience in these types of crimes right away.
Don't be intimidated, come in and talk to us. The consultation is free. We can help you.
Call or Text us today at 813-489-3222 for a FREE consultation and find out what we can do to begin helping you with your defense immediately!
Criminal Defense Solutions:
- Assault and Battery Defense
- Bail and Bond Hearing Attorneys
- Burglary, Larceny, Robbery, Shoplifting and Theft Defense
- Computer, internet, and Cyber Crime Defense
- Defending Drug Violation Charges and Offenses in Florida
- Drug Manufacturing Defense
- Drug Possession Defense
- Drug Sale Defense
- Early Termination of Probation Attorneys
- Firearm or Weapons Violation Defense
- Fraud and Fraudulent Activities Defense
- Prostitution Defense / Defense for Solicitation of a Prostitute
- Seal or Expunge a Criminal Record
- White Collar Criminal Defense Attorneys with aggressive representation
- Wire and Mail Fraud Defense
- Get your Criminal Record Sealed or Expunged
Criminal Defense Resources:
Call or Text us today at 813-489-3222 for a FREE consultation and case evaluation.
Content authored by Gaston Fernandez